On Friday, July 11, the Minnesota Bureau of Mediation Services sent an Election Order to all eligible voters for the Home Care Union election. It reads that “the Bureau of Mediation Services, State of Minnesota orders that a mail ballot election be conducted in the appropriate unit of ‘individual providers.’
“Individual providers” are personal care assistants and other home care workers providing direct support services through client-directed Medicaid programs including PCA Choice, Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS), and Consumer Support Grants.
BALLOTS WERE MAILED ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 1
- They were mailed to the home address supplied by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- If you do not receive your ballot by Friday, August 8, you MUST CALL the Bureau of Mediation Services at 651-649-5421 to request another ballot be mailed to you. Be sure to verify your Name and Address on file and correct them if needed.
MARK YOUR BALLOT & MAIL IT BACK IN THE ENVELOPE PROVIDED
- Use the stamped return envelope that came with your ballot to send it back to BMS. You MUST use this envelope to mail back your ballot. No additional postage will be needed.
- All ballots MUST be returned to the Bureau of Mediation Services by 4:30 P.M. on Monday, August 25 in order to be counted.
PROBLEMS WITH YOUR BALLOT?
- If you spoil your ballot or mark it incorrectly, do not mail it back. Call the Bureau of Mediation Services at 651-649-5421 and ask them to mail you another ballot.
- Any other questions? Contact us at 651-294-8100 or HomeCare@SEIUHCMN.org