Congratulations to the SEIU members and bargaining team at Maplewood Good Samaritan nursing home on reaching a tentative agreement for a new contract! Members will have the opportunity to vote on the agreement later this week. Details include:
- A 3-year contract with no openers, providing a 2% increase to wages and the hiring grid on March 1 of each year!
- Changing the paid New Member Union Orientation time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Evening and night shift differential increases to $1.25.
- Upgraded to new PTO system, with a new PTO accrual schedule which is faster and more PTO.
- Eligible Employees can arrange to cash out PTO (once per year) up to 40-80 hours, subject to IRS rules and regulations.
- New Military leave language includes the Employer paying the difference between the military earnings and the employees current pay rate for up to 5 years of leave.
- New Bereavement leave called Compassionate Leave, including 3-5 days paid by the Employer.
- New 401K plan including Employer 100% match up to Employee 4% contribution and 50% Employer match for Employee 5%-6% contribution.
- This contract expires Feb 28, 2024.