- Employer is still proposing to delete pension language -
- Pension benefits may be increased by an annual inflation factor up to one and one half percent (1-1/2%) per year.
- Early retirement language under Schedule A of the Pension.
- Employer is proposing that in the event and error is made in the distribution of overtime or additional hours the affected employees will be offered the opportunity to work extra hours to make up the loss of wages (rather than pay you because they made a mistake).
- Departments that schedule employees to be “on call” shall offer the on call to employees based on seniority based on department policy. If call is refused the least senior person on the list must accept the on call.
- Employers wage proposal as of May 3, 2012:
- Year 1: 1-3/4%; Year 2: 1/2% ‘ Year 3: 1/2%
- The Employer will create 12 hour shifts for PCA’s whenever possible.
- Call pay for CST’s $5.25, also the employer to provide a on-call room to stay in while on-call.
- Core Specific guidelines to be posted on the surgical services website.
Next Negotiations are May 8, 2012, the Federal Mediator will be assisting with our negotiations.
When negotiations conclude the membership decides by voting if the proposal will be accepted.
SAINT MARYS HOSPITAL- STRONGER TOGETHER
- Pension: Delete language that your Pension Benefits may be increased by an annual inflation factor up to one and one half percent (1-1/2%) per year.
- Still Proposing to Delete early retirement language under schedule A of the Pension.
- Employer is proposing the following language in regards to job transfers – No employee with current corrective action on file shall be eligible for promotion or transfers.
- Employer is proposing that the parking fee be the same as it is for non-union and they are proposing to take out the language in the contract that says the parking fee will remain at the present level during this Agreement.
- Employers wage proposal as of April 19, 2012
Year 1: 1-1/4% Year 2: 1/2% Year 3: 1/4%
- Each department shall establish a joint committee comprised of management and union to establish staffing patterns and minimum staffing levels and PTO opportunities.
- Disciplinary Action-If an employee is subject to disciplinary action he or she may request the presence of a Union Representative during questioning. However, if two (2) or more members of management are to be present during a disciplinary meeting the employee shall be allowed the presence of a shop steward or Union Representative.
- PTO hours shall be considered hours of work for over-time purposes
We’ve made progress this week at negotiations, and are currenlty discussing the following proposals:
- Take away time and one half after 8hr. in one day
- Take away Schedule A for early retirement from the pension
- Create Lead positions in Environmental Services for Housekeepers and Janitors
- Employer’s wage proposal as of 4/12/12: Year 1: 1% Year 2: 1/4% Year 3: 1/4%
- Holidays- employees that work will receive time and one half, non-benefitted employees will receive double time
- Job awardment by straight seniority not by FTE’s
- New 3-year and 20-year step increase