Member Action Center: 651-294-8100 or 800-828-0206 or email@example.com
Our Member Action Center (MAC) is a central place for all members to call for information on our contracts, facilities, and union events, as well as advice on problems at work or to file a grievance.
Our MAC has five dedicated staff who provide consistent, accurate advice and support to members across our union: Director Rasha Ahmad Sharif, Kelsey Kutzler, Jackie Lubahn, Ruth Davis and Mameneh George.
Click on the links below for some of the most frequently requested forms and documents:
- SEIU HCMN New Member Form
- SEIU Stewards Manual
- Steward Tips for Contract Enforcement
- SEIU HCMN Constitution & Bylaws
- SEIU International Constitution and Bylaws
Weingarten Rights: The Right to Representation
If you are ever called into an interview meeting with your supervisor or manager that might result in discipline, you have specific representational rights. These rights are summarized below.
- You have the right to have a Union steward present.
- If you want a steward there, you must ask for them.
- If you do not know why your manager wants to meet with you, ask them if it is a meeting that could result in a discipline.
- If your manager refuses to allow you to bring a steward, repeat your request in front of a witness. Do not refuse to attend the meeting, but do not answer any questions either. Take notes. Once the meeting is over, call your steward at once.
- You have the right to speak privately with your steward before the meeting and during the meeting.
- Your steward has the right to play an active role in the meeting. She or he is not just witness.
This statement could save your job:
“If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at this meeting. Until my representative arrives, I choose not to participate in this discussion.”