Our union offers yearly college scholarship opportunities through our Local union, SEIU Healthcare MN. Eligibility criteria vary for each scholarship, so check each one.
SEIU Healthcare Minnesota Scholarships
Our Local offers five annual scholarship opportunities for use at any accredited post-secondary institution.
- One $1500 scholarship goes to further the education of a SEIU Healthcare Minnesota member;
- Two scholarships ($1500 each) go to further the education of a son or daughter of a member; and
- Two scholarships of $1500 go to further the education of SEIU Healthcare Minnesota members 30 years old or younger.
Awards are made payable jointly to the winners and the educational institution as indicated. Read the descriptions below to see if you are eligible!
Got Your Back Scholarships: Two $1,500 scholarships are awarded to younger SEIU members, who are facing greater economic challenges than any generation since the great Depression. Applicants must be 30 years old or younger as of March 31 of the current year. They must be members in good standing in SEIU Healthcare Minnesota for at least one year, as of March 31 of the current year.
Continuing Education Scholarship for Member: One $1,500 scholarship is awarded to a member continuing his or her education. The applicant must be a SEIU Healthcare MN member in good standing for at least one year as of March 31 of the current year.
There are two $1,500 Cecelia Razook Memorial Scholarships for the Son or Daughter of a Member. The SEIU Healthcare Minnesota member must be in good standing for at least one year as of March 31 of the current year. Click here to download the application form for both of these scholarships.
Applicants must be members in good standing or the child of a member in good standing. (The length of membership criteria varies among scholarships, so double check to make sure you qualify!) No academic performance standards or records are required for eligibility. Please submit only one application per person. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Applicants are not eligible to win multiple awards in any one given year. The applicant (or his/her parent) must be an active member at the time that winners are announced in April of the current year.
Winners are to be selected by lottery at the April (of the current year) SEIU Healthcare MN Executive Board meeting. Applicants will be notified of the results by mail.
- Applications are available starting January 1, of the current year.
- To download applications, click on the appropriate scholarship above OR call 651-294-8100.
- Complete and submit the application form to SEIU Healthcare Minnesota, Scholarship Department, 345 Randolph Ave, Suite 100, St. Paul, MN 55102 OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN MARCH 31, of the current year.
- The Officers, Executive Board members, and staff of SEIU Healthcare MN are not eligible.