This week we had our first two bargaining sessions with Mayo Rochester Methodist Hospital. We exchanged proposals and had conversations about several of the proposals so that each party completely understands the other’s proposals. We are pleased that we had productive sessions each day.
A few of the things we are proposing are:
- Essential Worker language
- Better Health and Safety language regarding Infectious and Contagious Diseases
- Improved Funeral/Bereavement Leave
- Wages increases, including longevity benefits
The first Employer proposal includes:
- Extended probationary periods and extended temporary employment timelines
- Changes to the workweek
- Changes to the application of overtime
- The Employer is currently proposing a small wage increase.
Our next bargaining sessions are Tuesday January 18th and Thursday January 20th , 2022.
Our next bargaining update will be after our January 20th session. Please show your support for your bargaining team by wearing your SEIU name badge reels and buttons. If you are in need of a button or name badge reel, please reach out to a member of the Bargaining Team and we will make sure we get them. Let’s stand united and in solidarity because, When We Fight, We Win!
2022 Bargaining Team
- Dee Clark– EVS Tech
- Bruce Berndt – EVS Tech
- Jenni Holtermann – CST
- Tina Lawler– CST
- Marty Zahn – SCT
- Brittany Grove – LCS Lead Tech
- Mathew Bradley– Escort
- Liz Dahlen – PCA
- Blythe Zempel - PCA
- Jay Tompkins – Maintenance
- Jeff Norstad – Maintenance